• In the Spotlight:

bf help

ok so my son is 11 days old and i have been trying to ebf but have been having trouble with my milk supply- how long did it take for ur milk to come in all the way? my milk flow seems to slow down after about 5 minutes of pumping or feeding- i mean it seems like hes getting enough being that hes pooping a little after every feeding and wetting plenty of diapers plus it looks like he is gaining some weight, but he never seems satisfied! he'll feed for anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes per side and then ill burp him, change him, then lay him down but then 20 to 30 minutes later hes wanting to eat again- when he wakes up crying i try everything before the breast but nothing seems to work but the breast ive even tried a binky just in case hes using me as a human pacifier but nope doesnt work....wut is going on? any advice for a mom at her wits end? trust me- i wouldnt mind feeding him all day and night but i have 3 older boys, cont..

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aged 2yrs, 4yrs, and 5.5yrs so i have to tend to them as well- wut do i do? please help! lol thabks
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• try both breasts before putting him down maybe? Feed on one, burp and then feed on the other and burp again and then lay him down??
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had trouble with my two boys. It seemed to take a couple of weeks before they were getting enough each time. My milk came in, but it was like it didn;t regulate real well at first. My firstborn had growth spurts like CRAZY so I had several periods he was like that because he was working on increasing my milk! He was in size 3 to 6 months when he was one month old. Saying all that to say he might possibly be having an appetite increase at the same time he is regulating his and your body!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I may hunt you down and get tips from you later. Lol! I am pregnant with number 4 and my oldest is 3 years!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• micheledo- omg! Good luck to you! Im having trouble with my 4 now i couldnt imagine having my oldest be younger than he is now!! lol maybe we can share some tips! pm me!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009