whats the difference between a womans wedding band and wedding ring?

or is there even a difference? my fiancee is looking, and he asked me, and I didnt even think there was a difference.. thanks

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Shopping

• No difference, but you'll need to decide if you want a bridal SET, which is the band and an engagment ring together, or do you just want to wear a band alone. I had a set when we first got married but never wore "the rock". I was afraid to loose a big expensive stone, so I only wore the matching band, which was thin and small. After 15 years of marriage we upgraded to a thicker band that has many stones set in a low profile for durability so now I can wear just one ring but still have nice bling.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 6:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I dont believe there is a difference. Just two names for one thing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I think the "band" goes with the engagement ring, where the wedding ring just stands alone with no band ... I think???
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• nothing really. although it could mean that a woman's wedding band is a band made alone to not match the engagement ring or her husbands band. a woman's wedding ring may be made slimmer and smaller to match the husband's or made to match the engagement ring.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2009