can my hysterectomy be sending me into menopause even though I have my ovaries?

I had a hysterectomy but my ovaries were saved. However, I am getting sweaty and moody. I really want to slap half the people just for talking. Its freaking hot all the time. Is it menopause or just really whacked out hormones? Has anyone had this will it pass?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think once a woman gets a hysterctomy they can got though menopause. This may be very normal. can I ask why you had one?.. don't answer if too personal.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Let me explain this clearly, you people are idiots-

in a hysterectomy, your uterus is removed

therefore, you do not have a period
    WITHOUT A UTERUS YOU DO NOT HAVE A PERIOD

You need a period to go through menopause.
    Anonymous

• 937 pm you are the first jerk to not realize what I mean when talking about going through menopause. Yes techincally I have hit menopause because I no longer have periods. However, I have my ovaries right now but they are damaged. I will still go through hot flashes, hot sweats and mood swings when it starts. That is the actual question is it possible that even with my ovaries that my body is causing the 'other' menopause sympthoms.

Also my doctors are the one who said that I would be experiencing menopause in a few years if not sooner. So blame them.

Even if you agree with your stand you don't have to be rude to people.
    Anonymous

• To the first poster. The reason for my hystrectomy was due to heavy painful periods. So painful that I did not need pain meds for my recovery. When they got inside they found my uterues had things attaching to it and had cysts/fibroids (which we knew about the fibroids). I went about 8 years in pain from this. I probably could have gone another 10 more painful years but then I am over 40 and my body would have a harder time recovering. I was done having children not to mention I think that I was infertile anyway

Anonymous

• OP, I had my uterus removed 8 years ago due to fibroids.   I started going through menopause about two years ago (I will be 46 next month) and just started taking HRT this month.  I thought I would try it and see how it goes.

Anon 37,  You don't need to have a period to go through menopause.  Every woman who has ovaries will go through it because it is about the ovaries shutting down and not producing estrogen anymore.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• OP, pm me if you want.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009