Heart Palpitations and Late Pregnancy?

I have a heart murmur and am 37 weeks pregnant. Sometimes I get wierd heartbeats where it feels like my heart is going to pound out of my chest. My doctor said not to worry about it; its normal during pregnancy bc of increased blood flow. Tonight its been happening for hours and no matter what I do I can't get it to stop. Has anyone else had problems like this and if so, what did you do to "fix" it? I just want it to stop so I can sleep!

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 9:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have an arrythmia (sp?) and I have that issue sometimes also. I just usually try to take a bath or something and sometimes that helps!
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• if it's so bad go to the ER
    Anonymous

• I will if it starts hurting or if I get any other symptoms. I've discussed it with my doc and she said it was normal so I am not sure I'd want to go to the ER and take up their time with something trivial. I've tried laying down, walking, drinking water, and even taking a puff of my inhaler (which is safe for baby and sometimes helps with the murmur). Will try a bath in a minute :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i'm assuming if you go to the er, they'll tell you the same thing they've always told me "sorry, we cant do anything"
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had these issues with my son a lot, and I'm having them with this pregnancy as well. My dr's have told me its normal during pregnancy. Usually the only thing that helps me is laying on my left side.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009