Celebrating First Birthday

My son's favorite book is 'Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?' so I want to use that as the theme. I was wondering what activities I should plan.. The oldest child will be 6 the second oldest 4. Other than that other babies and adults. I'm thinking a wading pool for the young kids but other than that I don't know. Should I even have activities for a first birthday? What are some things you did or are going to do or even have seen other people do? I'm at a loss.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 9:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wouldnt do any activities, the kids are still pretty young, amybe give goody bags and just let them play... you could make a really cute bear cake...

they ahve tons of ideas at betty crocker.com

good luck!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• For my daughters 1st birthday they had those little cups with the paper on the outside you could color. I got them from the dollar store. They colored the paper and made cups. I also had a pinata. They have one with the pull strings so they pull the strings at the bottom. My daughter theme was Minnie Mouse and I had some minnie mouse face cut outs that they decorated with wiggly eyes and stuff and we did pin the tail on the donkey which was really cute because they were so small. I had to put the donkey at the bottom of the door, but it worked.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My daughter's first birthday is this friday. I have older kids and young ones and so I planned around that. I got balloons and markers so they can decorate their own balloon. I got goody bags with bubbles, stickers and those party blowers that roll out when you blow it them. For the little ones I have an inflatable gym that I am putting hallow plastic balls in and letting the babies play in. Then they get to watch the TInker Bell movie (Tinker Bell theme). For the adults it's a BBQ so they get good food and conversation. =)
    Tanya0702

Answer by Tanya0702 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009