• In the Spotlight:

My poor little doggy...

So, a little bit of background.
Thursday night and early Friday morning - my Beagle had VERY bloody stool, and sometimes.. just blood. That day, Friday, we ended up taking him to the vet. He had ... I forget the term, but a steak bone he had had didn't digest and ended up tearing his anus, luckily, it hadn't ruptured an intestine. THANK GOD. So, no more bones for our dogs. Ever.
Saturday, late afternoon, him and his girlfriend, our other dog, completely flew the coop. We didn't find them until 2.30-3PM on Sunday. They were extremely tired, didn't even get to sleep, more than likely, and was exactly that. Dog tired.
Buddy, my sick little guy, has been anemic from the blood loss. He's drinking water, going to the bathroom fine - no more blood, playing around...but both of them have been sleeping a LOT. Probably from exhaustion. Recharging their batteries.
So, my question! They both are not eating wet or dry dog food today.

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 9:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pets

• (continued)
    Buddy has been having pale gums once or twice a day - I check every hour.
    Anyone know what I could feed Buddy, in particular, to get him back and ready to go? He'll eat his dog snacks. lol. But just not the food.
    Something to recharge their batteries?
    I know they're still super exhausted.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Trying boiling some chicken until it falls off the bone and give him that. Most dogs who are not feeling well will eat the chicken. Our Vet gave us this tip.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• That is exactly what I feed my doggie when he is not feeling well. Boiled chicken with some rice made in the water that was used to boil the water. They really enjoy it, it is easy to digest, and it helps to get their strength back up. Poor Buddy!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• awww. You can also boil some hamburger meat and mix with rice too.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Hi - See if Buddy will eat the Doggie Meatballs - here is the recipe : easy to make and you can freeze them up .... see here: Dog Meatball recipe:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Alternative-Medicine-Pets-3721/2009/4/home-made-dog-food.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 3:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009