Vacuum suggestions??

I need a new vacuum.....I'm looking for recommendations. I have mostly hard wood floors, some area rugs and a carpeted basement. I want a really good one that is bagless and really light. Thanks ladies!

brykev

Asked by brykev at 9:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• bumpidk - i havent found 1 yet that i like -

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have a Dyson. the plain yellow one nothing fancy and i LOVE it! I have really old carpets and i feel like it cleans them really well. and i have carpet in my kitchen...which i HATE and its really thin and hard to clean with a vaccum. the vaccum does pretty good. It is bagless and very easy to pull the hose out and use the attachments. but it is not light, Ive had it for 2 1/2 yes now with no problems and i use it alot and im not easy on them!!

also i have a swivel sweeper...uno the infomercial ones. I got it at target, dont know if they still carry it but they do at menards. its like $30.i also LOVE LOVE LOVE it! very light, easy to recharge, cordless. and picks up everything. low maintence picks up hair, cheerios, raisons, and all that other crap! works on carpets and hardwoods. had it for 4 yrs, still works great!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I also have the yellow Dyson and I do like it a lot, however now that we only have hardwood floors, I never use it. Dyson now has a lighter one and I would rather have that one, but it wasn't out yet when we got ours.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The only vacuum I've ever heard anyone say anything really positive about was the Dyson. It's funny that the two posts above me are complimenting the Dyson.

0Jenna0

Answer by 0Jenna0 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Dyson I heard IS really great, but if you're like me it would take you years to afford one, so in a pinch I trust my Dirt Devil, any kind any size . I have a small sweeper size on the top floor, and a big one for the main floor, and it never lets me down. My mom had a Hoover that nevr worked right and the belt was always breaking, and then she got Eureka and that vacuum blew up in 6 months. I convinced her to get a dirt devil and she's had it for over 2 years now.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have a Dyson too. I have wood floors and carpets. I LOVE my Dyson. Plus they come in awesome colors! Lol.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Don't get a Bissell. Hate it. But my Kirby is too heavy to take up the stairs. I love my Kirby. Just wish it was lighter.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have the Dyson Absolute Animal (I have 4 cats) and it is fabulous. It is pretty heavy though, so if being ultra-lightweight is a concern, you might consider the Oreck, which is a pretty good vacuum and is very light and easy to maneuver.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2009