Measles???? In A 4 Year Old??????????

My son has red spots on his arms, chest, back and legs. They are not raised, but they are splotchy in places. The only symptom he has is a loss of appetite. He still drinks any liquids that i put in front of him. He does not say that anything is bothering him. He is still very active and no notice of changes in the way he acts. Should I take him to the doctor, for them to tell me that it is viral and let it run its course?

BrandonsMom1000

Asked by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I remember having measles at that age. It bothered me a lot thats why i can remember. I couldnt even wear clothes thats how bad it was. But he might have something else, a rash, scabies, anything so I would take him in.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Thanks, if he is not any better by Wednesday morning, I am planning on taking him in.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Any possibility its chicken pox?
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It does not look like the chicken pox that I remember, plus he was vaccinated against that. It does not seem to itch him at all. He had the MMR vaccine too, but they say that they are not fully covered until they get the second booster, before school.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• chicken pox are raised and weepy.
    it sounds like an allergy; keep a close eye on it.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• it could just be Roseola, it's a common spring/summer time virus. Both my kids got it. They got the red blotchy spots all over, and a slight fever, but no other symptoms. I just kept them out of the sun, and made sure they stayed hydrated. If you think it may be something more serious, than take him to the doctor, but when my kids had it, I just let it run it's course.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2009