child care interviews????Please help!

OK I am looking for an in home child care for my 15mos old and 4 yr old...This is all so new to be so wandering what to ask? I do have a list of 12 questions but maybe with others peoples advice I can see if I forgot anything!

hill2

Asked by hill2 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• You will want toknow all qualifications. Call your state human services department and see if any reports have been made against the provider, and the severity of them. Look into cleanliness. Go by your gut!!! I was a child care provider and when I left the business I knew everything to look for, but I never left my daughter with anyone that left me feeling uneasy, even if they met all other credentials. When you interview them notice thewir reaction with the other kids. If they are short with them with you there, they are probably twice as bad when no one is around. Pop up ramndomly with no appointment (not at nap time) and listen at the door before you ring. Some are real good...but some not so much.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009