6 month old flying: good or bad idea?

My husband and I were thinking about taking a trip to florida next month we wanted to fly and our daughter will be 6 months old almost 7months. I myself have never been on a plane and my husband does not think it will be a great idea to take her this young. I really don't want to drive because she will be so fussy and I will have to nurse her every 2 hours or so. Any advice ? I don't want to make this a horrible experience for any of us ecspecially my little one.

bottmommy

Asked by bottmommy at 10:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly it's easy flying with them when they are that little. I have several times with my kids. I did with my daughter when she was 3 months. I have with a 1 month old, and probably like 3 other times with at least one kid under a year. It's easy to fly with them. If you're nursing it's even more simple because there's no bottles to get ready on a plane. I just suggest bringing a change of clothes for you (in case of spit up or diaper leaks on you) and a couple changes of clothes for her. Ziplock bags are a life saver....seriously throw a few in your diaper bag. Travel light because it's enough work with just the baby. I usually just bring a backpack with all the diaper bag stuff in it. I flew by myself with my daughter when she was 3 months and it just made it more simple. Have fun on your trip.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My son was 6 months old the first time he flew. We flew from Oregon to Michigan and he did just fine. Hannah22 has great tips. Good luck!
    SewingVeronica

Answer by SewingVeronica at 2:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• get a cooler and pump some milk. plane rides are not good my kid was ten months she puked and cried for a long time the ear stuff wasnot so good beware.. gas prices are going down>>>
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 12:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009