Did your baby's dad cry or get emotional when your baby was born?

My son's dad was right there holding a leg. As soon as the baby cried my fiance's face went all weird. Like he was totally baffled(sp?) and didn't really know what to do, he just dropped my leg and followed the baby over to the warmer/ cleaning area. He almost looked like he was gonna cry.

What did your DH/SO do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH cried like a baby, he said he couldnt help it and didnt want to help it. He did completely forget about me til he was holding our DD and then he brought her over to me and cried again and kissed me!!!
    Anonymous

• no SO never physically shows emotion. only time i've seen him cry was from laughing so hard while watching the penis sketch scene from the movie Superbad! I do kinda wish he showed more emotion when our son was born. He didnt even show excitement at the sex ultrasound.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• mine cried but only when he saw the bill! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My husband teared up. He was amazed at how big Drake was though, and kept repeating "He's such a big boy." I had to have a c-section, so when they took Drake to the nursery DH went with him. He bathed him in there and didn't let anyone other than him hold Drake until I got to 30 minutes later.
    MommyMeli07

Answer by MommyMeli07 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Mine cried. And I didn't!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my Hubby was WONDERFUL during my labor...he was right there with me soothing me and telling me how great I was doing...massaging me and doing anything I asked of him...he was right beside me while I pushed holding my hand and was very encouraging and soothing...when our son was born after 20mins of pushing and just 3 1/2 hours of labor, I remember him snuggling close to my face and kissing me and telling me how beautiful I was and how amazing I did and just how perfect our son was....he did tear up but he didn't bawl or anything...and he did follow him over to the "cleaning" station and was the first to hold him...he was such a proud Daddy!!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• mine cried after every single one and we have 7
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• mine started to until the doc was sewing me up ans said ut oh...The baby ripped me upwards towards my hooha, and then my husband was more worried that I might die or something...Everything healed up fine, and actually my doc did me a favor and sewed me up so the sex would be more intense, thanks doc!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah he cried a lot.He actually cried more then me.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• He was so wonderful! I remember right after our first was born he was like I am so proud of you, you did it, I love you, kiss kiss, tears in his eyes, off to see the baby at the cleaning station. I cried even more when he held our son for the first time. So amazing!!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 11:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009