which would be best?

my son is 7 months old, and he does not sleep through the night. he is 24 pounds, he is a chuck a munk, i dont mind, i love it. but i would give him a 6-8 oz. bottle a lil while before he sleeps, like half hour, i burp him and everything. but he still wakes up in the middle of the night for a bottle, or two. only drinks about 2-3 oz. each time. the most would be 3 times a night. ive tried rice ceral in his bottle, feeding him baby food before i give him a bttle, or just baby food. one way or another, my lil man just loves to eat, throughout the day, and night. i was told, crying it out would do it. but im not sure if im ok that. it sounds horrible. how long through the night would he cry? all night? an hour? and for how many days? if you know of any suggestions, that have worked for you. please let me know. i know he's pretty young, but i feel like he should be sleeping through night, cause he eats so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at that age just let him cry for 10 mins, then go in and sooth him, then 10 more mins,, and keep it up... it depends on teh child on how long it will take.. it has never taken my children more than 10-15 mins.. but my neice would keep it up for hours... best of luck in whatever you decide.. if you DO CIO, you can pm me for help or anythign you want to ask
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• With my DD we let her cry for 30 mins tops, and then went in there. You will notice after a little time he will want the bottles later and later and eventually not at all if you stick with it. There is no over night fix for this...you just have to work at it.
    Anonymous

• Awww... My daughter is 13 months and still wakes up several times a night. It's a biological process to keep you close, because they know that they need you. And letting your baby cry only teaches them not to trust you to meet their needs. Several studies (which I can't directly quote because I don't have the books they're in) show that babies who are not left to cry are MORE independent and MORE secure with themselves as toddlers because they know that they are safe and their needs will be met. Can you imagine if you depended on someone for your every need and they ignored you when you tried to tell them you needed something? And as small babies, their wants ARE their needs. They don't cry to manipulate you, they cry because they need something.

Bear with it for now. If he's still waking up all the time at 18 months or 2 years you might consider trying something different, like the No Cry Sleeep Solution.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my son is 6 months old and I could never imagine letting him cry 10 min let alone 30 min. It breaks my heart to hear him cry. Usually I try to rock him before I ever try a bottle on him in the middle of the night. I change his diaper as well. Of course right now he is teething really bad so he is waking up ALOT during the night. He is 22.5 lbs too and loves his food as well. but your best bet is just to comfort your lo and if all fails then give a bottle. We give a binky to our son and we try that over and over until it no longer works as well.

Its rough but like i've been told, we will miss this when they get older so just enjoy being able to hold your lil one to comfort them. :) Hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 14, 2009