cramping/period pain?

hi all I'm going into my 37 week and most of yesterday I felt cramping period like pains.when I spoke with doctor he said it could be contractions and to see how often it happens if it gets to about 15 minutes inbetween to go to hospital.I've also had trouble sleeping lately.has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why I'm feeling like this?

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 11:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Cramp like feelings very well could be contractions. I felt like that at 33 weeks and it was labor.

However, unless your doctor has a reason for wanting you to go when they reach every 15mins, I would wait until they are much much closer because the hospital is just going to send you home at that point.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• yep yep sounds like progress is being made:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks and 4 days I feel cramping as well. This is my first child and I really don't know what to expect. I talk with my doctor and he doesnt' seem so concerned about it. Like you only when they become regular and close together should I be concerned. For now i'm still just waiting. I have felt this way for over a week now.
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm in the same boat and the doc told me yes they are contractions and I am dialated. Howerever I would wait until they get closer together like she said the hospital will just send you back on home. Unless you start bleeding I'd just hang in there fun is just beginning.
    Waitin4MyAngel

Answer by Waitin4MyAngel at 5:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009