Did you allow your mother in your delivery room?

I told my doctor I only wanted my husband, but now that im thinking about it maybe I do want my mom there. Not so much to see me squeeze out a watermelon but for the support, and everyone feels better when their "Mommy" is near. haha! I don't want DH to think his Mom is invited in though. This is private to me. My Mom is My Mom shes already seen all i've got to show, and same goes for DH. But Im not the kinda person who is comfortable with their body enough for people to be in the room gawking at my Vag... Plus his Mom isn't on the top of my list of favorite people. So who did you let in to watch? OR who did you want in to watch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I let my DH obviously, my mom, my step mom, my mother in law, and my grandma
    Anonymous

• For my son, my mom and my son's dad (boyfirend at the time) were there. For my daughter I was married and thought I wanted my mom in there. Then his mom started having a fit because she wanted to be in tehre too. So we made a deal, his mom and my mom could be in there while I was laboring, but when it came time to push his mom left the room and waited in the hall. After she was born my mom left us alone for a 1/2 hour to have some family time. It's really what you are comfortable wiht. If you dont want your mil in there, then make that known. Don't make yourself uncomfortable in an already uncomfortable situation.
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 11:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• For baby # 3, I had my husband, our 21 yr old daughter, our 14 yr old son, my mom & my dad all in the room for the delivery. We had waited 14 long years for another baby & it was a celebration for all of us.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• HOnestly, when you get to push out your baby you won't care the slightest bit who's watching (unless you have an epidural). That's one side effect of labor... modesty dissappears.

I had my mom, my husband, a doula and two of my sisters. One of my sisters left the room because she was freaking out. I let my other sister and my mom in out of what felt like duty, but once labor started I didn't care who was there. And then when I started pushing it felt SOOO good to grab my mom's hand. I'm so glad that my mom got to see her grandchild enter the world, and she's very thankful for the experience. However, a doula friend of my has a saying. "Your mom makes you a little girl. Your husband makes you a woman. It takes a woman to push out a baby." For some women that's true. Their moms freak out to see their baby in pain or nag and complain or something else horrid. Just feel her out and make the best choice you can.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My mom was there for both. Dont know why? Omg..shes the biggest drama queen ever! She makes my deliveries sound a lot worse than they actually were! LOL Nawh..it means alot to me that she was there for me! :)
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 11:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am a mother of 4. I know that my Dr's wouldn't allow no more than 2 people to be in delivery room. I always had their father and my mother in the room. And I'm so glad I did. My mother having been there done that before she was alot of help! They were both excellent support teams, but there was thing's that my spouse at the time wasn't able to help with that my mother could and vise versa. I found having them both there for me very beneficial. I think it just all depends on how you feel. Good luck! Hope this was helpful :)
    Rachelle2283

Answer by Rachelle2283 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my husband my mother and my mother in law i think there where other family members walking in and out couldnt really tell ya. I was glad my mother was there, normally we are like cats and dogs but she was the most supportive during labor. Probably the only one i was not annoyed with because they would not stop the nervous talking. LOL like the rest said it is what you are comfy with. Good luck with your baby and enjoy
    Anonymous

• Your mom may have seen you down there when u was little but not when u have grown up and changed down there. She would be looking down there and ur private isn't something u should share with ur mom, lol
    Anonymous

• My mom was the only person allowed with me when I had my c-section. (Hubby was in Iraq). She almost passed out about half way through and had to leave for a few minutes though.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• When I have my son, my mom will be there for sure. And my baby's father if he wants to be there,
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2009