Animal Cops on Animal Planet

OMG, I am watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet and I just saw one of the worst animal cases EVER.

A poor cat got caught in a cactus and was covered from head to tail in needles from the cactus. The cat blended in with the cactus and it looked horrible painful. It made me cringe. The good news is the vet techs were able to get ALL needles out and the cat was reunited with the family.

Do you watch Animal Cops on Animal Planet? If so, what was the worst case you have seen? If not, what is the worst case of animal abuse you have seen in person?

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pets

• we used to have a a neighbor that was strung out on pills and used to beat the hell out of his pitbull. it got so bad that at one point he was beating him in the hallway and left holes in the wall from slamming his poor head into it. we called SPCA and animal control, and the police. he even ripped the dog's ear while holding his head to punch him. when the cops came he told them the dog had an ear infection and was cleaning it out. they let him get away with it everytime. eventually my BF had it with this shit, and while he was in the hall, he left him know how it was to be the dog....in other words he beat the hell out of the junkie..i wished every night that dog would turn on him...
    MILFpunk

Answer by MILFpunk at 11:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'm a veterinary technician and have seem many horrible things. But I have 2 that stand out. one was a cat someone put in the microwave. The cat didn't survive. The person did go to jail for I believe 2 years. The second was a dog whose owner took pliers and ripped out the teeth when the dog would bark. He didn't want the dog barking. This person also spent time in jail though it was short and had to pay the vet bills and a fine. The dog lived and found a very good home. It is very sad and a horrible thing to see in person. People should have harsher punishment for this kind of crime.
    Anonymous

• OMG! MILFpunk: that is absolutely horrible. I work at Petsmart and have seen AND heard of many types of abuse on animals.

ANON 11:41: those are even more horrible. I love my animals so much, I would NEVER think of hurting them. I cry when I fuss at them for something small.

I also believe people should have harsher punishment. The situation on Animal Planet was not done on purpose, the cat was just curious and jumped over a huge brick wall and landed on the cactus. It was horrible. They pulled needles out for HOURS and even pulled them out of her mouth. I couldn't imagine.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I used to volunteer at a low cost clinic for vet services, and we had a woman bring a dog in one time. She said she had "found" the dog, but to this day I'm pretty sure it was her dog. It had gotten run over at some point in the last month and had received no vet care. Its leg bone was still sticking out and ended up being amputated. Also, we saw scars on its tail and legs from where it looked like the dog had been burned. He ended up losing an eye, a leg, and had to be shaved. We took him in and found him a great home, but I will never forget the sight of him being brought in. The woman dropped him off, and then left without paying for any of the services, and told us just to put him down.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Emuu: that shocks me that people could do that! Thank goodness he found a good home and now knows that there are nice people that love animals!
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I can't watch this show because it just tears me up....even the commercials sometimes when I am watching Animal Planet. I will just never understand how people can do this to such lovable creatures. It just does not compute for me.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• The worst Aspca show I've seen was on a horse. The horse had obtained an injury to it's neck, although I'm not sure how... It had a huge hole, with bugs and dead tissue... Amazingly the animal lived. Too many cases of animal cruelty go unnoticed...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm with Lucinda Martinez on this one. I cannot bear to watch this show. It makes me sick and sad to think there are people who do these cruel thing to helpless loving animals.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have had to stop watching it because I want to shoot the people involved and take the animals in myself.

The worst though is my sister. she has a lovely yellow lab that she keep in a kennel in her basement. The kennel is plenty huge 12 x 12 but the poor thing is only let out to go to the bathroom. Once in the morning before work and once at night before be.( what ever time that may be) Sometimes more than 12 hours in between. She never socializes with the dog. Says she is too busy. I have told her to give it to someone who can spend time with it. It is just starving for attention. A really wonderful dog. He will sit for you and he loves to ride in the car. But she doesn't want to upset the children. Who never ever even go down there to see the poor thing.

That is the worst, because she is my sister and I can't do anything about it.
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:47 .. that's a hard thing to witness. my brother was doing a similar thing to a little pitbull mix. I got tired of it and finally told him he needed to do something with him or I would find him a home while he was out of town. I was 4 months pregnant and just could not deal with the puppy. He would have been such a good dog, but waaaaay to hyper and wanted to jump all over me and I was high risk. he eventually found him a home. He had the dog for like 6 months and hadn't gotten him any shots so I couldn't even take him to Petsmart for puppy training, and I couldn't afford to get him his shots.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009