Formula

What kind of formula does your child drink? And why, if there's any specific reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is a good question. The hospital gave us Nestle Good Start.. I breastfeed only..BUT I was having a problem with my milk and I needed to make sure I KNEW how much she was eating so we tried the formula one night and she wouldn't drink it..plus it smelled HORRIBLE. The nutritional value might be good, i'm not bashing the brand, just my experience. IDK if that helps at all, but I wouldn't recommend this kind. My daughter just might not like it because she is used to breast milk though.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Enfamil--- the hospital gave us Similac and it made him constipated and gave him gas... switched at about a month and a half
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I use Nestle Good Start. Never had any problems with it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I use Nestle Good start and my son loves it! We have also used parent choice brand and he loved it too. I'm on wic so if we run out I go to walmart and buy the parent choice brand cuz its a few dollar cheaper and he likes it just as good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Simulac advance with Immun Shield. My first baby had Enfamil lipil with iron. Those were just the samples we had on hand when my milk dried up overnight.... which happened with both my babies.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 12:33 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My daughter was on Similac Alimentum due to a milk and soy protein allergy.. she still has a hard time with regular milk ((is on rice milk) - shes 17 months old now
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• After I lost my breastmilk when dd was 3 months old, we had to give her formula. She's been on Similac Isomil Advance (the soy) since about 5 or 6 months. She's on that because WIC here doesn't cover the Similac milk based, lactose free formula. She's on soy because she was lactose intolerant. She kept diarrhea and was always really gassy and fussy and seemed like she was in a lot of pain while I was EBF her, no matter what I cut from my diet. Same with the milk based formulas we tried, except the lactose free one. Then we had to sign her up on WIC because we couldn't afford formula and they wouldn't give her the lactose free milk based kind because our state won't cover it for some reason, even with a doctor's recommendation or whatever.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We use Enfamil Lipil w/ Iron. We started using it in the NICU because she had seziures right after birth and her seizure meds lowered her iron levels so she needed the extra iron (plus an iron supplement vitamin). She did well on it and it's what WIC gives us here so it worked out well.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Nestle good start
    Its better just better lol
    My son used it after I couldnt breastfeed any more and now my daughter uses it ,
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My son is on Enfamil Nutramigen...he was so colicky. he is 3 months old.. My daughter almost 20 months was on nutramigen as well...she broke out with regular enfamil. And cant drink regular milk to this day. She drinks lactaid. Hope this helps.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2009