If your husband tells you that he doesn't like your cooking what would you do?

Is he says that he doesn't like it would you try to make it better or stop cooking for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I guess it would depend on HOW he said it.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Depends if he was a jerk i would tell him to cook his own food, if not i would probably ask him to teach me how to cook then if he knows how and that is not being sarcastic, It can be a good relationship builder learning to do something and doing it together.
    mom0609

Answer by mom0609 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i'd tell him to get used to the can opener.....
    MILFpunk

Answer by MILFpunk at 11:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Okay, so here's my story to share with you....my husband (we are currently separated) told me he didn't like my cooking once. We had our best friends over for dinner....husband and wife and their four kids....and I was designated chef for the evening because my husband invited them and then decided he didn't want to cook. Well, I was making Italian...easy and good for serving a bunch of people. My grandmother, who was FROM ITALY, taught me how to cook traditional Italian food...and it's the one type of food that I can actually cook very well. Well, in the middle of my cooking, my husband starts telling everyone what a bad cook I am, and how our friends wife is the best cook he knows and more or less, wishes I was her. I straight walked out of the room and didn't come back for the rest of the evening, and let my husband fend for himself with dinner.
    Anonymous

• my hubby only likes a few things that I make and I know im not the best cook so it doesnt bother me and he does most of the cooking anyway. he doesnt like to test the waters with my creations so he cooks and enjoys it.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I pride myself in cooking and come rom a long line of excellent Italian cooks... In my family it is an extremem insult to knock a person's cooking skills. It might lead me to cook for the kids and my self and buy him alot of lean cuisine, lol
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Stop cooking for him. If he don't like it.. he can do it himself!!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I can cook somethings well. But he will politely let me know when something isn't right. He praises me when it is good, and says it must be a bad recipe when it's bad. So if he ever did say I can't cook, I'd just say well show me by cooking for the next week so I can see what it is you like and how.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i would tell him to cook his own damn food then
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• LOL I totally love this question... Well girl this is what I've done.... I have endured their "choice" of food for over 10 years. Not getting many oppurtunites to enjoy the foods I personally like due to what they like. So now..... whenever he gripes about something I note it, and I pay attention to how many times he complains he don't like something. Now...............hehe I'm to the point that all those years I couldn't enjoy the foods I liked due to him not liking them that I now Cook the foods I enjoy knowing he don't like it. And when he's realized I cooked something he won't eat or hates, I say we'll I guess your cooking for yourself tonight, cause I'm eating something I enjoy. Us women come to a point sometimes to where we hate hearing we do something wrong, so to fix that we fix something that we enjoy instead. If their gonna gripe, hey at least it's something worth griping about in my opinion lol
    Rachelle2283

Answer by Rachelle2283 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2009