What foods to eat for high BP?

Any ideas on things that would be good.. everything I look at has tons of sodium.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats, pasta, corn tortillas, salads. Typical dinner should be something like: Chicken breast + broccoli Fish + salad Ground turkey tacos Pasta w/ olive oil tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella

Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Are you pregnant? If you're pregnant, you NEED sodium. It's bad advice to tell you to avoid it, and that is COMMON KNOWLEDGE in every other industrialized country. Salt food to taste during pregnancy.

Here is a link to a web site that REALLY helped me with my B/P while I was pregnant. I started this diet strictly and my B/P was back down to normal that night. It crept back up and I ended up being induced because of it, but it kept my baby in my belly for an extra 6 weeks that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

www.blueribbonbaby.org

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009