Needle poke help

I am a bussiness service cordinator
Ok I do piercings and tatoos on the side as partime this saturday i did the ear and she was a bleeder well as i was cleaning i accidently obviously, i poked my self it went threw my gloves .I fallowed procedure Washed hands and made presure to get as much blood out .But thats not the problem the girl was paying and saw what happend she called me monday morning and told me that she was HIV positive .HOLY CRAP i called my Doc and i got blood work the results are not in and i AM FREAKING OUT if i would have known that i would have soaked my hand in clorox and probly cut the dam thing off too .any advice .the Doc told me i have to get tested up to the sixed month to really know OMG

hush84

Asked by hush84 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• I do know that when you wear gloves and you do get punctured by a sharp, the gloves act as a barrier for some of the bloodborne pathogens the needle may carry. It helps to minimize the risk of getting a bloodborne disease, but not completely. Also I do know that the risk of get HIV is 0.3 percent. Or 1 in 30 chance.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• By boyfriend refuses to touch me and my family knows something is wrong i am not going to tell them anything yet i dont want to scare them
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• hope you spell correctly on them. Tattoo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2009