how to get weight off after having hsyteromecy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you still have your ovaries or are you taking HRT's? I had a hysterectomy in 2000, kept my ovaries, I didnt have too much issue with weight then. I had my ovaries removed in Feb of this year and that is when my body changed on me.
    Im really having to exercise more, strength training AND cardio, watch my carbs, count calories, and keep my protein levels up. You cannot starve yourself though or your metabolism will slow down even more. Stay within your recommended guidelines for daily calories and just be sure to eat right and exercise. Even if your scales dont go down right away, you will notice inches coming off.
    Google has alot of valuable resources and there are some great weight loss support groups on here to join as well!
    Good luck!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009