Pregnant, Sick and Hungry.... What can I eat??

Okay I am 6 weeks pregnant and I was sick this morning really bad. I couldn't keep anything down. I have not gotten sick since 12 pm and I ate some toast and even had some plain fried rice for dinner. I am still hungry and concerned for my lack of protein today, if I fried one egg over hard and then got as much grease off as I could do you think it would work??? I'm really hungry but the last thing I want is to get sick again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For the nausea you can try some candied ginger. I've used it for a lot of stomach problems and they've used it in England for morning sickness for many years.
    I get migraines really bad, this is what I use...it could help you too. Take some bacon and fry it up...just a bit before it's done drizzle some honey on it, sprinkle white sugar and I use fresh cracked pepper. It's up to you if you want the pepper though. My DH started making this for me, not sure where he got the idea...but I've had it fend off migraines if I take it before the thing actually hits.
    As far as protein...what about some protein powder mixed up with some fruit juice, or even just eating some yogurt. But the bright side is that the nausea shouldn't last too much longer. Peppermint tea is good too.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Saltines =)

Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm not sure if this will work --- I never had nausea with any of my pregnancies --- but when I'm sick & can't eat anything else I make some instant rice & mix it with vegetable beef soup. I like mine with more rice than soup, but whatever works for you. It's easy to digest & even if it doesn't all stay down, it should give you a little of everything you need.

g'luck

*note - just make sure it's vegetable BEEF soup. I messed up and tried just reg veg soup once.... it was pretty gross*
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I was never really nauseous but just felt a little blech. I found that fruit didn't bother me. That's all I would eat for breakfast and snacks. Bananas, oranges, grapes and apples. Good luck to you and I hope the sickness passes quickly!
    SewingVeronica

Answer by SewingVeronica at 1:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I could usually eat chicken noodle soup..the one in the cup, where you mostly just drink it but there are a little noodles in it.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2009