How conservative are you?

I went on a roadtrip last week & spent many an hour on the road in areas where about all my radio would pick up was conservative Christian talk shows..... so I gave 'em a listen.

One whole hour was devoted to why/how women should submit to men --- I have to admit, I threw up in my mouth a little on that one.

But the one that really got me going was a movie review of Ice Age. They were saying it wasn't "kid" or "family" friendly because, mainly, it promoted gender-bending... referring to the baby dinosaurs calling Sid mommy.

Seriously, they spent a half hour at least just discussing this one thing about the movie. I nearly ran off the road laughing. That show was completely off my 'conservative spectrum'.

So, I was just curious.... does anyone agree with them? Anon replies are fine... I just want to know if anyone else freaked out about Sid being a "mom". lol

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dont care...LOL they were confused lil babies thats all, or maybe not...hahaha
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Wow. I'm very liberal on a lot of things but conservative on some others.

Although I think there is a big difference between true conservatives and people who are just lunatics with too much time on their hands, the radio show host you caught sounds like the latter.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Seriously my cousin's called my dad Aunt Scott until they were at least 5 or 6, kids don't know the meaning of words, and some do because they have two mommy's or two daddy's...it's just a movie...oh vey....I agree with aurorabunny...wayyy to much time on their hands...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 1:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• This bothers me when ADULTS make these kind of ridiculous comments about cartoons. OMG, Kids brains dont think like that. There is not way a child in the movie theater would mention that.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• EXACTLY lilmsnay. When adults with supposedly "superior morals" are suggesting that we slap "ADULTS ONLY" labels on Sesame Street because they've decided that Bert and Ernie must be gay together, then who really has their mind in the gutter? Because I guarantee you kids aren't thinking about that stuff, they're just enjoying their shows.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 2:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I think I land on the liberal end of the spectrum, in spite of the fact that I'm a Christian, and I just about fell out of my chair laughing at this. What on earth is the matter with society when people start thinking that EVERYTHING is a reference to sexuality?

Oh, wait, I just remembered what's wrong. Homophobia. Wackos, I say.
    clairandamjones

Answer by clairandamjones at 3:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I am definitely not conservative, it baffles my mind the stupid things people come up with.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I live like a conservative, but I think like a liberal.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 8:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm way liberal. I think I would rather hum a tune in my head then listen to conservative radio of any kind. The stuff they worry about is just silly. That joke about babies calling a male "Mommy" has been going on for generations. It's usually baby birds or ducks or something hatching and implanting on the first adult they see which always ends up being a guy. The kids think it's funny that they call he guy "Mommy" when it is so obvious the person is not a girl.
    I think the ultra conservative Christians need to get their minds out of the gutter. They are the only ones thinking this stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• not one iota, that's how conservative : )
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2009