What to do about working out

So this is my situation. I desperately want to work out so much so that i've tried everything i bought an elliptical, tried to work out in the gym in my community, attempted walks, work out videos, joined a gym with child care and none of it has worked out. My son won't let me do any kind of working out at home he has little sensors ands freaks whenever i try. The childcare at the gym was terrible and my husband doesn't get home in time to watch him. I don't know what to do any suggestions? Oh and we've tried mommy and me yoga that's a no go too. I have a bad back or i would just strap him to me and go work out. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• can't you workout on the elliptical after you put your son to bed or maybe go outside if you have a yard with him and jump rope. Jump Roping is a great exercise

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• He's only 7 months old and super needy. I swear he is the energizer bunny and never sleeps. I've tried to put him down early but won't stay asleep without someone there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• that sounds like my alomost year old that boy stopped taking naps when he turned 12 months and he is always full of energy, like today he got up at 9 am and it's now 11 pm and he is still wide awake and playing in his room with toy, and I put him to bed at 9:30 it drives me crazy so I know how you feel
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Put the kid in a stroller and go for a jog, or walk up hills. Or both.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• do you have a stroller? do you have a friend, neighbor or family member you can trade child care with?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• what about waking up a half hour before your spouse and walking in the morning?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• what about waking up 1/2 hour before your spouse and walking then?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• TAKE HIM FOR WALKS IF HE IS LITTLE PUT HIM IN THE STROLLER AND WALK, IF HE IS BIG ENOUGH HAVE HIM WALK WITH YOU... OR I DO THIS ...

I WALK AROUND THE PLAYGROUND IN CIRCLES WHILE MY DAUGHTER PLAYS AND I WATCH HER THE WHOLE TIME WHILE WALKING
    SGMAMI

Answer by SGMAMI at 3:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You could also fit in exercises when you're doing regular things. Like squats when brushing your teeth or lunges while folding clothes or push-ups when playing with your son (kiss him when you go down!!). You could also sing him songs and dance to them. Otherwise. have your husband play with him for 20 minutes while you get on the elliptical.
    NurseMommie21

Answer by NurseMommie21 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009