I got a chunk of my knee stabbed out from our camper door!!! It looks infected, what do I do? 22 weeks pregnant as well.

I had to sleep in our camper in the front yard last night and tonight because our AC is out and Im 22 weeks pregnant and I cannot get that hot or I will pass out or something will happen to the baby :(. so last night I opened the door and took a step up with all my might because it was a good foot and a half from the ground and I was carrying added baby weight and 2 dogs and the door flew open then flew back and I stepped up into the SHARP metal corner of the door with my knee! OUUCHHH!!!! So I got inside and it took a pretty good chunk out of it so I cleaned it bandaged it and went to bed. This morning it had a red circle around it and it looks black! Should I go to the doctor? Do I need a tetnus shot? Can I even get one while pregnant?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• YES YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY! If that cut gets infected it can cause SERIOUS and I do mean SERIOUS problems for both you and your baby!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• get to the ER and have it checked that doesnt sound to good
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2009