My stepson thinks that we paid to keep his mother from seeing him more often

He was told by his mother that we paid to go to court to say when she could see him and if we hadn't done that then he would get to see her whenever they wanted to. My stepson doesn't even want to be there the times he is per court order, but he wants to know why we would pay to keep them apart. My husband called his ex and asked about this and she admitted to saying it, nearly verbatim. Now my husband told him that wasn't how it happened. He explained to son that we did go to court, but only so that we could have legal documents of who gets him when to make it easier for the schools to know and things like that. Not because we wanted her to have less time, but because it was easier to have a set schedule, not one that was up in the air. I am not sure he understands, so what else might clear it up? His mother is adamant about this, and refuses to correct herself. She was always canceling visits before, but doesn't now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your husband needs to let his ex know that her petty little games are hurting their son, other then that I'm not sure what you can do. Just keep reasurring him that this is not what you are doing.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2009