What is the best medicine to put on a cut that is infected?

I had asked a similar question earlier and I am going to the doctor but I need to help this from getting infected. Long story short, I had to sleep in my camper last night because our AC is out and Im pregnant so i cant be in Texas heat for long. I got a chunk of my knee cut out when I was opening my metal camper door. It looks black and is kinda deep. What do I put on it to keep it from getting more infected for the time being until I can get to the doctor?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This is a old remedy but it really works I have used it. Go to the store and buy some golden seal capsules, when you get home empty one on a plate mix it with a little water until it is pasty ( not to watery you want it kinda thick) than put it on the wound or if the wound is deep put it around the wound. It sounds strange but my mom uses it for any cut and I have used it and it really works and heals you much faster than triple antibiotic ointment. If you need stitches use it after they stitch you up . It really works.

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 2:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• peroxide. . .
    zassymama2

Answer by zassymama2 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I keep a spray bottle of peroxide handy and it helps.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol, but alcohol will sting...sanitizes the heck out of it though..
    2boymama

Answer by 2boymama at 3:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Raw honey.
    happiday

Answer by happiday at 3:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Tea tree oil
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2009