• In the Spotlight:

Are you against hunting as a sport?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Although I live in a state where hunting is very big, I could never see myself hunting an animal. But I have nothing against people hunting animals for food. However, trophy hunting is something I dislike...a lot.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I am personally, if you dont need it to survive then theres no reason to kill it....and I dont buy anyone needing it to survive since we all know where to find a grocery store. I have gone fishing before, and I have eaten the fish I killed, but I was younger and less informed then..
    2boymama

Answer by 2boymama at 3:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I grew up in a family of hunters, but most hunters have a large respect for nature and its creatures. We always eat everything that is killed. I do have a problem with those who kill an animal just to have it's head decorate their walls. And I could not personally shoot an animal. After having children I became way too tender-hearted for that. But the meat we get from my husband or dad hunting fills out freezer year round and saves hundreds of dollars a year on meat. And it's healthier. So, no I am not against respectful hunting.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• isnt there skeet shooting for people who dont want to eat what they shoot?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes I am 100%. And that's saying a lot because I was born and raised in a very hunting oriented, red neck area.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I dont really care , but we hunt only for the meat.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Trophy hunting........big NO but hunting for food........thats ok. Would never do it....but for the men out there like my uncle and aunt...hunting for the food and just enough for you, and doing everything pretty much 100% natural, thats fine with me
    MissOlivia

Answer by MissOlivia at 6:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Eh yes and no. I don't mind hunting as long as you use/eat most or all of it. It just seems like a waste to kill an animal just to stuff it and put it on display.. I DO NOT like how hunters literally lure the animal into a trap and then shoot them. True hunting, in my opinon, means tracking and following an animal, and then trying to shoot them. I hate the use of "callers" and food set out to lure them to you.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 6:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I LOVE to hunt!! We made deer sticks last season and our son LOVES them!! If we can't process the deer we got then we donate it. People don't understand that hunting keeps the populations of animals down.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2009