• In the Spotlight:

this Q is kinda jus for the step moms

so recently ive been getting this like irritated feeling...like i find myself thinkin "if he was my son...." or "i wish he was my son..." cuz im not really married yet(although we are talkin about it) and theres some things that make me think that for example. my boyfriend told me (his son is 14 by the way) that his son is gonna get his tongue peirced and he already has his ears peirced and his eyebrow peirced and im like omg if he was my son i wouldnt let him ruin his beautiful face! and then we are talkin about moving in together and idk if his son is gonna wanna live with us..i doubt it cuz like any typical kid he's mad cuz now its hitting him that mommy and daddy are really over but im like i want him to live with us but i know he's gonna live with his mom and idk why that bothers me i never met the women and dont plan on it but again i never met her idk if she's a great mom or a bad mom but i sometimes wish he was mine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can understand wanting him to live with you I feel the same way about my step son, but that's because his mom is a psycotic bitch. I don't know how long you guys have been together but if the reality of his parents not getting back together is just setting in he will be resentful for a while. If you are going to get married then you will have to have some interaction with his mother and the best advise I can give you is even if you don't like each other you need to be civil and you need to back his parents up on any decision they make even if you don't agree with it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• continue...that way he would live with us and i could spoil the hell out of him. lol i want to baby him and jus have fun hangin out...ive always wanted a son and idk maybe thats why i want him to live with us and to spoil him. but the other thing is the bigger problem im starting to think alot lately ..."if he was my son i wouldnt let him do that" etc.am i the only like this ..is it weird to feel that way? whats your situation and how do you feel about it?i know its not my place and i have no right to butt in so i keep it to myself but it irritates the hell out of me .........and if your gonna reply no bashing if you dont have anything good to say then move along..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• moving along.................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• good no trolls allowed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I can see wanting to come together by becoming a family and having a son and thats great, however he is 14 I don't think you telling him what he can or cannot do is going to fly, seeing as he has a mom and dad that can do it. You can try to be apart of the decision making and should be.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It sounds like it is just your morals , That is why you think things like I wouldnt let him do that if he were mine. Give it time he will come around to the idea of you living there with them , when ever you move it that is . lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• dear lord i hope you dont get that child as yours! hes an individual if he wants to pierce his tongue, let him!! it's his body! you have absolutely no blood relation to him! you wouldnt LET your child ruin their beautiful face, so what, youre not gonna let them express themselves how they want? youre gonna raise them to be robots? not let them have any sort of self expression? turn them into rebels who do stuff not because they want to, but because they do want to piss of their parents?! yaa smart move!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• for the trolls that cant read maybe now you can see this TROLLS KEEP MOVING and no one said i was fuckin perfect or expect my kids to be he when they're 17 or whatever thats cool but he jus turned 14 and i jus dont agree with it. and i dont expect for them to listen to me again i know he's not my child but like i said..if you were reading i get that feeling but because he's mine i butt out....wow some people are jus fuckin ridiculous...and if expressing yourself...i could see your child right now tattoos peircing and all...bet your kids are gonna be winners!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• because hes not mine* sorry typo actually theres a few but im tired and need to go to bed. peace out trolls
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You can't change genetics. The fact is, he's not yours, and there's nothing you can do to change that.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 7:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2009