is this normal?

i just noticed i have a rash around where my wedding rings are i am 6 months pregnant but i love wearing my rings i am just wondering is this normal for my hand to be swelling...

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 5:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most definitely. Swelling is all normal. It will get worse so you should take the rings off for fear that it may not come off and cut off circulation to that finger.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• LOL Yes its normal . About that far along I had to take my ring off :(
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Take those rings off! I'm 38 weeks and my rings DO NOT fit. My hands and feet are seriously swollen. I heard to stay away from salty foods but I don't eat much so even if u do eat a little or a lot of salty foods, you will start getting swollen around the 8th month.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 6:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• The rash is probably because the hormones you get during the last trimester can make you more sensitive to metals, lotions, herbs, and even foods. You have a temporary allergy to your rings, and since you're swelling a bit, I would just take them off. If you still want to wear a ring, you could always find something in sterling silver. That tends to be more sensitive so you may be able to tolerate it better than gold or other metals.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2009