What life dream or goal have you given up on?

having my dream job

jdzc820

Asked by jdzc820 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always wanted to be a zookeeper or vet or vet tech and work at a zoo but I dont think that will happen not now
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I was learning to play the acoustic guitar and taking weekly lessons, but gave it up. I'm still thinking about going back and starting again, but I am disappointed that I quit in the first place. I have my own guitar and I look at it now and then and wish I hadn't stopped because I love music and want to be able to play, even if it's just for me.
    kathymomof2

Answer by kathymomof2 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Being an astronaut......Im clautrophobic.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 8:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I had a goal when I was in school of making it big in the "real world." Being one of those top wall street executives. Then I had the twins and got ppd and didn't make the right decisions in my career advancement. Low and behold, I work at a smaller firm now and make the same money and have really flex hours, but for some reason, the accomplishment factor is missing...I am missing the goal/drive to succeed in my life... Does anyone else feel this way?? I love my kids and love my family, but don't really care for my job right now. I had such dreams of making lots and lots of money too. But that won't happen where I work right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• gave up on being happy, there is no such thing!!!!! its only and illusion
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Speech pathology and working with autistic children. I am just not cut out for the biology classes I had to take to get there. But I am going back in a few years to finish my education and my psychology degrees.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have always wanted to be a marine biologist but my husband will never move away from this extremly small town where we live (in virginia) so I have decided to be a school teacher instead!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I was a teacher. I went back to school and received my Masters in Early Childhood. I worked very hard to maintain a 4.0. I worked 3 jobs to pay for my education. I lived away from my husband but saw him on Wednesday nights and weekends. I taught for a while until I was diagnosed with a muscle condition. My condition kept getting worse, so, I had to give up my dream of being a teacher. I'm now living my other dream. I'm a MOM to the greatest kid in the world.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Becoming a professional singer. I wanted it so bad when I was young and didn't have stage fright.
    tietwinsmom

Answer by tietwinsmom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009