Man help...

So, the other day, I went over to my mom's and a long time friend was there he happened to just swing by. Now, there was never anything between us, other than I secretly adored him and wished there had been something between us. First, I was sitting on the couch and he came over said 'Hi (enter my name here)' and he grabbed my upper thigh, squeezed it a little bit and then rubbed it with his thumb for a brief second. Secondly, he gave me the longest hug I've ever had. I mean, it was longer than a few seconds. The only other time I was hugged that long was with my husband (who I'm temporarily separated from btw) It was so long, I was blushing because my mom was standing there but it didn't seem to phase her that much, she just smiled and looked downwards. Afterwards she looked at me like 'WT eff was that?' It seems like me and my DH are definitely getting a divorce, so why should I not pursue it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I say-- right now since you are still married take it slow and keep it casual. After your divorce is final then move to the next level and see if he is interested in dating..... who knows you may just hit it off and have a relationship. It does kind of sound like your parents like this guy.... and are trying to set the 2 of you up.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It sounds like he might be interested, but if it were me I would wait until things were resolved completely (legally) with your husband just in case things get messy or complicated. I'm sure you don't want to get him involved with any potental drama.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• ***Maker of the questiong: Oh, forgot to add that afterwards, after he had played with my daughter and was kissing her on the top of her head (my daughter is only two and she absolutely loves him, she ran over and hugged his knees. XD) and after he left. My dad came up to me and was like '(enter name here) would make a good dad.......(long pause)...you know, someday'

It just feels really set up? Like maybe they know he likes me or something and they want me to pursue it because I am getting a 'D'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• ***Maker of the question: Yeah, I'd hate it if my ex drug him with me. But me and my DH are still friends. We didn't break off as enemies like alot of other couples do. I was just in a point in time where I needed more affection and he wasnt willing to give it to me. It's like we drifted apart. I 'love him' but I'm not 'in love with him' and it's the same for him. That's why I'm so spaztic over whether or not he's showing me that he likes me. I haven't had affection, desire, passion shown to me in over 2 years. So I'm totally outta whack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Personally for me, I do not think a woman should persue a man....

If a man wants you really wants you he will come and get you...

I would wait for him to make the next move...
    You can still make small talk with him...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree with the previous posts: Go slow until after everything is legal, but it sounds like he's very interested. Also sounds like parents may be playing a bit of match-making lmao! I used to hate that.. but mine were never very subtle about it lmao. If nothing else, sounds like you could use a long-time friend atm, and if the bonding turns into something more... all the better! Good luck :D
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i would say when the D is final then go for it see if it is a friendship or more but give it some time.
    princess_sjb

Answer by princess_sjb at 9:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009