How much for my 3 month old?

Ok my son is 3 months( will be 4 months on the 19th) And he drinks a 60z bottle every 2-3 hours . And when he is done he cries for more....Should I be making him 8oz bottles until he sees his ped? At his last visit, he was weighing 16lbs even and 26 1/2 inches. And the ped said he will be starting rice at 4 months..Please help.. Also he spits up almost every other feeding. He drinks Enfamil Nutramigen(powder), but when I used constrated kind he didnt spit up at all, weird huh?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may have a belly ache. 6 oz. is alot for 3 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• no the powder has corn in it and it upsets stomachs...my son did the same thing...he out grew it so i stuck with the powdered but tell ur ped
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I did not know that! About the corn. I wounder if that was the problem we had. But like the PP said, the spitting up did go away after about a week or so. And it was a lot more than every other bottle too. She's 11 months now and a monster!! =) But, yes, tell your ped and maybe give him less more often. (2 or 3 oz. every hour or so.) 6oz. is a lot for 3 months.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 10:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my 6 week old is drinking 5 oz every 3 to 4 hours, and I give him 6 oz at night... He's doing fine with that, so I don't think 6 oz is too much for a 3 month old.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• ya let hte little bebe eat as much as he can and make sure he um gts to go on his stomach. burp him, etc the stuff you gotta do hes six months start feeding him the puree good stuff... your doing good let him eat alot hahhahahahahahahaha
    Anonymous

• i would think you should put just a little bit of the ceareal in his bottle maybe the formula is just not cutting it. he needs more then the formula and alittle bit of the ceareal will not hurt him.

good luck
    babye113

Answer by babye113 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009