How would you react if your boyfriend/husband was texting sexual jokesto his ex???

2 months ago(the beginning of his daughter's softball season) myboyfriends exwife sends him a text containing a sexual joke..well he replies to her about how much fun it would be to act on this(getting together while her husband is away). I question him about it and all he can say is its not what it seems and I took it the wrong way. I asked him what other way is there to take it. Of course he had no answer!Basically I decided it wasnt a good idea to be involved in softball since the ex wife would be there as well. Now that the team is going to state championships he expects me to travel with him to go to the games. I explained to him that the pain from 2 months ago was still there and didnt feel comfortable enough to be around his ex wife. They are planning to stay at a campground and Im certainly not camping with his ex! What would you do in this situation. Please advise, the games are this week!

7ALLTOGETHER

Asked by 7ALLTOGETHER at 9:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• h e l l o ~ if your not there what do you think is going to happen? how much do you trust either of them? i send txt jokes all the time it don't mean anything in my eyes but, i'm not sending them to my ex either. ok to sum this up. forget about the joke stop whinning get back in your mans head & heart & go on to the games.woman up dear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You need to go...it'd be better if you were there and act all cool, like it's no big deal. If your not there, you'll never know what happens and even if nothing does, you'll always question it! You can't let him go without you!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• As far as the texts I would never tolerate that..

and if he did it again...he would be my X

That is just plain disrespectful.....

If he understands how you feel and he is not disrespecting you with his X...
    Just go...
    He has children with her and the road ahead is not going to get any easier..

Dating someone (let alone being married to someone) whom you do not like the mother of his children ....is ...trust me.....a hard long road....

Like I said, if he does not disrespect you when it comes to her...just go and be with him..

If you do not trust this man when she is around...I would have to say that you should not be
    involved with him period...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It really depends on the relationship that you have with your boyfriend. Personally, if it were my fiance I would not be worried even one bit.

I would have laughed my ass off if I would have seen that text from my fiance to his ex wife cuz he would have lost his beloved blackberry to the garbage disposal and would be lucky that his nuts weren't going down the drain with it...
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i would call her and tell her to never talk to hi again and tell him your not going to take this bs and to get out and not come back unless he's going to be a honest, good man
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• omg stop advising this poor woman on this matter with bs answers, not a damn 1 of you would do the things your telling her to do its so easy to set at this keyboard & type out CRAP she came on her for answers not bs accusations i've never seen a bunch of phony ass ppl in my life,

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i would go,i wouldn't let the ex drive me away.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If I didnt think it would affect the relationship with his kids, I would have called her a chewed her a new one! Supposedly HE talked to her and as of now I havent seen any new texts other than ones concerning his kids. Even HIS own mother was disgusted about it and called HER to find out what the deal was. If I would have been at any games and ran into that woman, I wouldnot be able to hold it together. She has heard it from him and his mother but not from me and I am afraid if she does get it from me then it wont be pretty! I am not one totell anyone what to do but I certainly had to put my foot down on this one. No more texting unless it concerns the kids. I still have a few more days to consider the camping thing. As of now I dont think it would be wise for me to camp with the ex wife. HIS mother will be going along as well and she will not tolerate any crap!
    7ALLTOGETHER

Answer by 7ALLTOGETHER at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If his mom is going you have back up! I would go! You don't need to speak to the X except to be civil. Support your man. Don't let the X keep you away. Besides, if you're there with him you KNOW there was no sneaking out when the MIL went to sleep! Just my thoughts!
    sunshinesmon

Answer by sunshinesmon at 4:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• GO WITH HIM!!!! Even if you are upset, don't trust him or her. If people are going to do something, they're going to do it whether you're there or not but at least that will make it harder for them to do anything. If you don't want to go and you think maybe the relationship isn't worth it, then pack your stuff and leave while he's gone.
    Anonymous