FREAKING OUT! A MOSQUITO BIT ME ON MY STOMACH!

THIS IS MY 1ST PREGNANCY AND IM 8 MONTHS ALONG NOW.LAST TIME I WENT TO THE DOCTOR I TOLD HIM I WAS GETTING BIT UP AND HE SAID NOT IN YOUR STOMACH RIGHT AND I SAID NO BECAUSE I HAVENT.WELL YESTERDAY I GOT BIT ON MY STOMACH.HE FREAKIN JYNXED ME.HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANY1.CAN IT HARM THE BABY.DO I HAVE TO GO 2 THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE ILL TAKE MY ASS THERE RIGHT NOW.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're kidding right?

If not, you're okay.... relax.... just treat the bites as you would any other bite. I am not sure why the doc made an issue about the stomach, it means nothing.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My thoughts are that the mosquito takes blood from the vessels close to the surface and that it would have no effect at all on the baby any more than it would when you are bitten on the arm. Call your doctor just to ease your mind.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i'm sure you have nothing to worry about...but as always, if you really have concerns, call your obgyn.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• no im not kidding by the way.that was rude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I don't think the place where you can get a mosquito bite matters, I think the only potential risk would be is the mosquito had a disease such as west nile virus......I've been bitten many times pregnant and not pregnant and havn'et had any problems!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry that it came across as rude. I am more concerned that the doc made an issue about you getting a bite on your abdomen than you actually having the bite.

I am a nurse (not a obgyn nurse though so don't take my advice too seriously) and really if a patient called about a mosquito bite on their pregnant abdomen that has no signs or symptoms than than any other regular mosquito bite, I would not even ask the doctor I work with. I would say not to worry unless there are signs and symptoms of infection. Redness, warmth, swelling, and pain..... beyond what you would expect out of a normal insect bite.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• im a pedi nurse myself and i admit i had the same thought at first .. are you F^ing joking me... sorry hun unless you see any abnormal symptoms then your fine .. no need to over react
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• really? Its a mosquito bite, unless you have a severe allergic reaction or have symptoms of being very ill...you're fine.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Maybe your doctor was just kidding and didn't realize you took him seriously. The very first belly photo we took I have a stupid mosquito bite on my belly. I hate mosquitoes but they've always loved me.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2009