FREAKING OUT! A MOSQUITO BIT ME ON MY STOMACH!

THIS IS MY 1ST PREGNANCY AND IM 8 MONTHS ALONG NOW.LAST TIME I WENT TO THE DOCTOR I TOLD HIM I WAS GETTING BIT UP AND HE SAID NOT IN YOUR STOMACH RIGHT AND I SAID NO BECAUSE I HAVENT.WELL YESTERDAY I GOT BIT ON MY STOMACH.HE FREAKIN JYNXED ME.HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANY1.CAN IT HARM THE BABY.DO I HAVE TO GO 2 THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE ILL TAKE MY ASS THERE RIGHT NOW.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• Calm down. I don't know WHY your doctor said something like that. Maybe he was joking. But no, a mosquito bite on your stomach is not a danger to your baby. Not unless you are allergic to mosquitoes. Think about this, his stinger would have to get through your skin, through you fatty layers, through your uterine wall, and to the sac of waters before getting the poison anywhere near your baby. So, unless he is the mothra of mosquitoes and his stingy thingy was a foot long, I'd say your safe.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• ive never heard if it doing anything
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• put toothpaste on it to take away the itch

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• if it was harmful he would have told you what to do in case it happens. Getting bitten on the stomach shouldn't make a difference bc the mosquito taps into your blood stream not into your uterus. Just call and tell his nurse and see what he wants you to do about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2009