how do i cure seperation anxiety sleep disorder?

this one is going to be difficult i already know it. since day 3 chloe has co slept with me. her father and i have been seperated for 18 months now and i have a new man in my life. of whom we live with. chloe almost has a panic attack when it is time for bed and wants me to sleep with her in her bed or on the floor next to her bed. i admit i get frustrated and may raise my voice and say things that i really shouldnt say, but at 1am when i should be in my own bed, i tend to not even know what im saying. i need help, its going to not only put a strain on my relationship, its going to make her life difficult as she gets invited to sleepovers to stay at a hotel even, with us. ive been doing some research on the topic...sasd, but if anyone has a similar problem id like to hear what your advice is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Its not a disorder. Its being spoiled. Your just going to have to make her sleep in her bed alone. Eventually she wil give up and just stay in bed. But, you have moved in with someone new and put her into her own bed all in a fairly short amount of time. She will just have to adjust and you can't give into her. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My SS did the same thing when he came to live with us. His mother co slept and we didn't. He didn't like it but, he got over it and he has slept alone since the day he came to live with us.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Try getting those cute pink walkie talkies and let her have one at night and you keep one with you.
    GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• If it is actually a DX'd disorder then you might want to ask your therapist/doctor for advice especially of there are other issues involved. My son has a whole bunch of weird issues and the advice I have been given for now is to let him ween naturally because of everything else going on. If it's something that she has just gotten used to doing then I would say it needs to end soon for both your sakes. We are having good luck with letting our son falling asleep in one place and then moving him. It is slow going, but as I said there are other issues as well. Just making her do it may be the only way. Does she have a lovey or a special blanket or pillow? That might ease the transition.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009