Why regret?

I was reading through the answers on the "how many have you slept with question" and I was SHOCKED at how many said they regreted the number. I don't understand that. Can someone explain why anyone would ever regret their past. To me, there is no point. If you hadn't done those things, you wouldn't be who you are today. I have easily been with close to 300 people, I'm not ashamed and don't regret it. I saw people that said they had been with 4 and regret them all... Someone explain please? Why Regret?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because when I was young I chose to be with no good, low life jerks. Sure, I learned from it but I wish I never did it at times. Whatever, my life is good now.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• because the guys were losers abusers or cheaters and they weren't worth being with me.. and i was too dumb to realize i was WAY better then them!
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Well, there is one guy I was I hadn't gone out with, but I don't regret it really. I do still ask myself, what where you thinking, but I always end up smiling and remembering that he was the one who got me involved in the accident that taught me how strong I really am.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2009