pottery barn furniture... should I buy dining chairs through them?

Hi,We are on the market for a new dining set. Thing is,my dh is a big man and has a history of destroying our dining chairs. I was wondering if the quality of the chairs is worth the price? I am positive about the table as the Shayne table has the sides that fold down that we need so much for our space however 4 side chairs are more than the cost of the table. Worth it or not? Need advice.
Thanks in advance

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 10:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• While very beautiful, and I'm sure great quality, I think PB is WAY WAY WAY over priced. I bet you could get something as nice for 1/2 the price. But if money is no object, go for it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have heard the furniture from Pottery Barn is well built as well as expensive but the only way you can tell is to go test it out. Sit down and bounce around, pull the chair up and back from the table several times. You can feel the strength in furniture.A larger chair for your husband is necessary so don't bother with any of the formal, dainty looking chairs. They are seldome large enough. Look at how they are built, how the legs are put on. Screwed on legs probaly will not last with movement of a larger person. I have seen some great furniture at Ashley furniture at excellent prices and you may want to look into having something made for you that would be cheaper than Pottery Barn. I have had some furniture made by an amish family and I love it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2009