• In the Spotlight:

Would you ever...?

So lets say you are dieing to have one more kid. You already have one toddler and would like to have another baby in 2 or 3 years. Your husband, on the other hand, does not want any more. You both came from large families, you are both fairly young and you are very stable in all situations.

Would you get pregnant with out telling him? Like, secretively? And then act like it was an accident?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• HELL NO!
    Dishonesty is never the answer.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• NO, i have seen it go bad too many times. I could see me going off BC and telling him.
    Ex: I was late on taking my pill this week honey, so we have to be careful. Then let him do his usual and hope it wasn't careful enough. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• NO! Lying is not the answer-- that can have a horrible impact on the marriage, and could cause the spouse to resent you and the child.
    If you want another baby you really need to sit your hubby down and talk with him. Explain why you want a baby, and you need to give him the chance to tell you his side too. You should be prepared that if he does not want a baby he might not give in or change his mind at all. A baby should be wanted by BOTH parents, not just one.
    I hope things work out for you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Ofcourse not...

You both have to want to have another child...

Come on.....how would you feel if your husband secretly did anything...

Use your head!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• personally, i would say, i'll give you 2 years, if you wont have a baby with me by then, i'll find someone that will.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• no that would be deceitful. I would think that in time he'll be more willing to change his mind especially when the economy gets better.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• NO thats a surefire way to lose your man and relationship. if your toddler is going through terrible twos or something like that, then that may be whats keeping him from wanting another one right now. maybe he wants your kid to get to school and give you guys alone time. who knows..find out the reason and TALK about it. dont go behind his back. GL!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    man this question gets asked WAY TOO MUCH lol
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• trl30 theres way too many broken homes in the world, why add another just because one of them doesnt want another child. me and dh have 2 kids and he doesn't want anymore but I do. I cant imagine breaking up my little family just because he doesn't want another one. Leave dh if he cheated on you or if he's beating you, not because he doesnt want another kid.
    Anonymous

• Sure - if you want to put your marriage in jeopardy! That's one of the biggest divorce-makers - when one parent wants children and the other doesn't.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2009