Would you ever...?

So lets say you are dieing to have one more kid. You already have one toddler and would like to have another baby in 2 or 3 years. Your husband, on the other hand, does not want any more. You both came from large families, you are both fairly young and you are very stable in all situations.

Would you get pregnant with out telling him? Like, secretively? And then act like it was an accident?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• thats wrong. if youre having sex though and not using protection.....there might be an accidental pregnancy but dont like poke holes in condoms or go off birthcontrol with out tell him thats wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No, it's not fair to your husband. And a big secret like that in a marrige is bound to tear it apart. Give him time. Let him know how much you want another child but don't harp on it. And in a year, bring it up again. You said you want another in a few years, so why worry about it now. In time, he may change his mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No. That's very manipulative. He is supposed to be able to trust you. I mean how would you feel if you had decided you didn't want anymore && he went to get a vasectamy, but didn't actually get it b/c he wanted more, then got you pregnant without your knowledge. Wouldn't you be pissed && hurt??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• no. i wouldn't knowingly make a baby that my husband will possibly resent. if ever he found out i went out of my way to make it happen, there goes trust, and that's a big part in any relationship.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My birth control was causing me to gain alot of weight, plus I was wanting to have another. My husband on the other hand, he didnt feel like we were ready to have another right now. I went off my birth control. I never told him. But I havent gotten pregnant yet :) lol
    Anonymous

• No, doesn't sound like a healthy way to have a relationship. I wouldn't want to base my relationship with my husband on lies and deceit.

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 2:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have to be honest here .. yes, I probably would.
    Anonymous

• my best friend is actually considering this. her husband and her always talked about having a few kids maybe one, maybe 3 but always at least one. Then one day she were talking about trying, now that things are more stable for them and he flat out told her no, that he never wanted kids to begin with and that he's not going to have kids with her. While she said had she known this she wouldn't have married him, no matter how much she loves him, because she does want a child. he lied and manipulated her but she thinks he is just scared (like cold feet) and once they are in it they will be fine and deal. and i dunno, i'd say go for it, i guess. I wouldn't just because with my boyfriend, we are strapped and even though i want another (now) i know we need to both finish college and be financially more stable
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 12:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2009