I feel like this is just as annoying as the "am i pregnant" questions. Does this sound like braxton hicks?

I searched thru common questions and answers but I'm not sure, they sort of sounded like what I'm going thru. I did some research online before I came here and it made me feel like I have braxton hicks. I'm going to be 31 weeks thursday, totally normal healthy pregnancy except i've gained 35 pounds. I AM sure that it's not something to bother my doc about today. I have an appointment with my OBGYN tmw, so I can tell her then. It has been happening for like, a day and a half. MANY hours apart. like 4 or 5 or even more spaced, I know it's not labor or anything. The top of my uterus gets all tightfor like 30 seconds and it's annoying and makes me a little tired while it's happening. I don't mean to be annoying because I know this is a super common question, but I had to ask if this sounds like braxton hicks. It's just the top, not the bottom.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah it sounds like them hun dont worry its normal as long as they dont get closer and strong

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree it's probably braxton hicks. I started with them in both my pregnancies at 17 weeks! They came in no regular pattern and sound very similar to what you're experiencing. I guess women experience pregnancy in very different ways. I'd certainly mention it to your dr. t'row but unless they come with any other symptons it's probably nothing to worry about.
    lovemykids847

Answer by lovemykids847 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It could be an infection too! Drinking lots of water DOES ease BH's and or small contrations!
    Talking to your dcotor is a good way to go about it
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009