cant keep my cat off the mouse cage any ideas?

i just moved the cage to my boys room to a high dresser and put some knick knacks around the cage and he still gets up there i tried water gun and tried swattin him on the hind end....help

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 10:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pets

• double sided tape might work. I took strips of cardboard and covered one side with double sided tape and set the cardboard pieces around what I didn't want the cat jumping on.

Answer by Bmat at 10:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• keep the door closed or get rid of one of them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• The double-sided duct tape might work depending on what type of cage you have, but honestly there isn't much you can do. The cat is attracted by the smell of the mouse, and the mice are going to be stressed out constantly by having a predator around. They don't understand the cat can't get to them! Best idea is going to be to separate them. I used to breed mice for my snakes and they would freak out if my cat was in the room. The stress is not good for them, and it would be a lot kinder to keep the cat away. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• well the mouse doesnt seem to freak out by the cat she will look up at the cat then go about her business and the cage was used for my snake b4 he outgrew it so its locked up pretty tight but worried the cat will knock the tank over and break it...and its hard to keep the door closed the kids are 4 and 6 and sometimes forget to shut the door...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2009