What do you think is a good computer to buy and that is reasonable priced ?

We need a new computer and I need help in my search . I would like some good information on computers and where to get the best prices .

MommedForces

Asked by MommedForces at 10:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• Do you need a desktop or laptop? You need to decide what your needs are, what you'd like to be able to do with it. Do you take a lot of pictures and send them online? You'll want a computer that can do that easily. Will you be using it for gaming? You'll want a higher end machine that can handle it, preferably with an integrated graphics card. Do you need your computer to be able to handle multiple applications at the same time? Look for one with plenty of RAM.

My son works on computers. I am currently looking for a new laptop myself. HE recommends MSI or ASUS. HP computers are popular but they've had issues and their tech support is in India.( I hate spending wasted time when I need help just trying to understand what the tech is saying.) He's taught me to look at what processor is in the computer (AMD runs hotter than Intel, and avoid Intel Celeron like the plague.) Intel Core Duo is pretty good for a processor.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We're probably going to be getting an MSI EX620. It has what I need (he wants me to get the GX, which is for gaming but I don't need that much computer.) MSI has it's own site, but we've found that www.newegg.com has the best prices. That site is also where our local PC Outlet store gets their parts.

Oh, and look for a computer that has a good warranty. If you can purchase an extended warranty that may also be a good idea. It's how I'm getting a new computer after my last laptop needed repairs and the repairs cost more than I paid for the computer.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Last year I bought a new computer at walmart. Came with everything except the monitor.I had a screen that took same plugs so didn't need a new one. I haven't had any problems with it yet and its been a little over a year now. My husband likes playing his games on there more so then his laptop, says it runs faster. Emachines 300 bucks walmart!
    danibaby520

Answer by danibaby520 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I bought a compaq laptop from Walmart for $300 bucks and it's a great computer.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would go with an HP. A desktop or a laptop from them will do whatever you need to do. They generally come with a good amount of memory, and they have pretty good customer service in my opinion.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 4:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My daughter just bought an ASUS and I have a new HP...she thinks the ASUS is much better then my HP
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I bought an HP desktop at Circuit City last yearand love it. I have yet to have any problems.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I bought a Compaq desktop from walmart for $450 last year and I just bought a Dell laptop for $440. I like both computers and after shopping around...those are good deals. Good luck finding what you need.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• DELL. I have had a desktop since 2001. Never had a problem with it.

I HAD an HP laptop for 3 years. I had nothing but problems with it. It came with faulty hardware. Their tech service would always provide a temporary fix. Not once was it mentioned that it was under a special warrenty. The warrenty info was buried on their website. When I found the info & called, I was told too bad your computer is out of warrenty. I will NEVER purchase anything from HP again.

I went to Best Buy and bought a DELL Studio 17 laptop. I love it! Got 6 months same as cash too.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would like a laptop , but I have never used one before and I wasn't sure if you needed a desktop in order to use a laptop .
    MommedForces

Answer by MommedForces at 2:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009