What do you say to a "friend" who only calls you to gossip?

My SIL calls me all the time to gossip about people and it's really starting to bother me! I don't participate in the gossip. I listen to her but I don't say stuff because I know how she is! Her latest one was yesterday...she called me to tell me that my other SIL said some really mean things about me! I informed my SIL I could care less what people say about me, I think it's pathetic and immature! But then again I don't know if she really said this or if my SIL made it up. I feel like she doesn't want me to be on good terms with my other SIL so she makes stuff up.
I need to put her in her place about this gossiping because it drives me nuts and like they say" If they gossip to you, they gossip about you!" Right? And I can't figure out what her intentions are in telling me mean things other people say to her about me?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell her you don't honestly care cut her off because you know the next phone call she makes to someone else is more than likely about you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• She needs to get a life but people like that love drama and will never change my sister is the same way if she is not happy no one near her is safe next time she starts I would just say look I have to go is this a emergency if not I will talk to you later don't let her upset you

mom-2b

Answer by mom-2b at 11:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Just tell her that it's gossip and you'd rather talk about something else. If that doesn't appease her then tell her to get a job with a tabloid.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• That's just negative energy that you don't need in your life. If your close to her, tell her that and nicely ask her if you can talk about something else. If you are not close ask your partner to talk to her. Who needs ADDED stress and negative energy in their life.

firsttimer23

Answer by firsttimer23 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2009