What is up with my grill rack?

Whenever we cook out, the grill rack turns the food black. We clean it with the grill brush when it gets hot. So it's clean but what can I do to it to stop it from turning my food black?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Your grill rake will always do this...
    Now is your food burned? or just getting those black type stripes from the rake?
    You can either buy a new one (rake) which should be changed out yrly anyways or put foil
    over the rake and make sure there are holes punched in for air flow. or try letting your rake
    bake ... then with your wire brush scrape and then wash with dawn dish soap both up/down back and front of it.
    If you like you can PM me any time... we are advent grillers we grill yr round even in the winter months...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• put foil over it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• the heat from the hot grill rack burns into the food. That's what grilling does. If you don't want those marks then use the foil
    Anonymous