how do you count homecook meals with weight watchers?

i can have 23 points a day but clueless about home cooked meals

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• You need to add up the points for each ingredient as it applies to the serving size you eat. It can be a chore, but if you do a little work ahead of time you can get a list of commonly cooked meals that you prepare and know how much each thing is worth. When in doubt, do a little extra exercise. :) Good luck!
    FireworksMama

Answer by FireworksMama at 11:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I use a program called MasterCook. I can add my recipes to the computer, and it gives me detailed nutritional info. I also add my specific ingredient as needed, as generic nutritional info is going to vary product by product.

http://www.amazon.com/ValuSoft-10470-MasterCook-Deluxe-9-0/dp/B000B7TBNE

It's $19.99 on there, but I found a download elsewhere for $9.99.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• if your doing weight watchers online they have a recipe option, where you put in your own recipe and they count up the points. Otherwise I would just add up all the points for each thing seperatly then divide them by how ever many servings. A big pain in the butt, but its one option.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009