does anyone gets panic attacts

lizofone

Asked by lizofone at 11:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• Yes... I used to ignore them, then I realized that GOD was trying to tell me something.... HE want me to see.... HE needed me to face my fears... I did, I still wrestle with them from time to time but for me prayer is the answer. There is some type of chemical issue with brain, but we can get help either through medication or herbal remedies.... Prayer helps for me.... My belief in Christ is helping me.... Your belief in Christ will help you too.........
    jayesmom1

Answer by jayesmom1 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i have yes. I get one sometimes due to low planes. I"m terrified of planes. They have gotten less & less but yes, i've had them.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes! Before I have to go somewhere where there are a lot of people or people I don't know. And at times when I am super stressed about stuff I get attacks before bed because I'm worrying about the next day. I have learned to cope with them though. By trying to prepare myself well in advance. And try to know ahead of time on what to expect. My husband can sense my panic attacks and is a big help also. I have to tell myself "breathe"!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes I have but not so much anymore I've learned breathing techniques to calm me down.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes. I have dealt with anxiety on and off for years. It went away for about a year and a half and now that I'm pregnant again suddenly I have panic attacks again. They are tolerable though, thank goodness. I drink chamomile tea and that helps soothe my nerves.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I used to get them really bad, all during the year before I married my 1st husband...perhaps that should have been a sign? I'm an idiot. Anyway, they are the worst, it was a horrible time for me. Thankfully they stopped and I am no longer with that man. Didn't have a single one before my wedding to current DH =)

Any clues what might be setting yours off?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I had them when my thyroid was out of control. They completely went away when that was regulated.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I've had them for over 30 years due to a closed head injury. My brain misfires and overstimulates my body when I'm under stress. I take regular medication for them and I've learned relaxation techniques. The meds and relaxation doesn't always stop them from happening but it does make them bearable.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Go to the library, and check out one of the books on panic by Claire Weeks

Answer by rkoloms at 1:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009