Did anyone ever see the Gunther Von Hagens Body Worlds exhibit?

We went to the Science Museum in Buffalo to see this. It was very interesting and educational. Although, I was a little disturbed at the fact that they are real human bodies! They had all sorts of human body parts on display that have been plastized. They also showed babies from like weeks old to 6 months on display.
If you saw this exhibit, what are your thoughts about this?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:33 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I saw it at our science center and it was very interesting to say the least. The babies part made me kinda sad but the whole exhibit to me is very educational.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yup I agree...the babies part was sad to me as well!!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I haven't seen it yet, but I really really want to!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I went to the exhibit last year in Saint Louis. I went for school(Alternative Ed) BEST FEILD TRIP EVER! lol.
    The bus ride was long, and boring, but well worth it.

I hated the babies part, I poked my head in, then came right back out.
    It depressed me.

But the rest of it was pretty neat.
    I wouldn't mind going to it again once my son gets old enough to understand it.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I loved it! So interesting to me. It was full of so much information of how the body works and looks inside. The baby had to be there to show what babies look like inside. It was amazing. I was the photographer in the Ft Lauderdale exhibit for the brochures.

Anonymous

• It was awesome! When I went last year, I was in school for medical massage and a couple months away from my state medical board exam! It was good timing!
    alithemklady

Answer by alithemklady at 1:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• They had it in Cincinnati last year but I didn't get to go, I wanted to go so bad though. My grandmother went and thought it was really neat. She said they had a women with the baby in her womb and i was parted open so you could see it. I didn't really want to go after she told me that. I know that there was a big uproar about whether or not they were prisoners bodies or just donated ones.
    Underwoodwife

Answer by Underwoodwife at 2:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2009