• In the Spotlight:

Help!!! My husband is looking for a new job and can not find anything! I had to quit work to stay home with the baby and day care costs too much. We are broke all the time. Please help!!!

Jenifr513

Asked by Jenifr513 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Can you get your old job back and your hubby watch the baby?
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree with pp try to get your old job back until he finds something.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• walmart and other department stores..fast food places...he work morning you work nights, or other way around..take little jobs and then look from there. some income is better than nothing. not time to be picky.its always easier to find a job when you have one!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If you can get your old job or another job, then do it. Your husband can watch the baby until he finds something else. Also, if he can't find a job at the same pay he had before you might need to keep working (daycare can be expensive, but if you have only one baby then you should still come out ahead by working). Don't rule out part time jobs for both of you on different shifts either. You can do pretty much anything on a temporary basis until you can come up with a better situation. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Can I suggest an at home biz? There are LOTS of moms that stay home with their children and babies and work the hours they want around their child's schedule. It gives them extra income and many of them replace full time incomes! I started my at home biz a few months back and I have 2 little boys running around me while I work; I absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! If interested in more info, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to talk to and help you reach the financial dreams you deserve! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• How is your husband conducting his job search? With an unemployment rate at almost 10%, you have to be smart about your jobsearch and treat it like a full time job.
    I do career and job search coaching; I am always happy to help cafe moms (and dads) with resumes, job search strategy, interview prep, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would take rkoloms up on her offer... maybe he needs to rework his resume a little. In the meantime maybe you can watch a few kids in your home to bring in some money. Or SEICCA can help you out with daycare costs while you're out actively seeking employment that might help till you get some income coming in. goodluck to you and your family.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Right now both of you need to be out looking instead of just him. Chances are that you could find something faster than he can. Then he can stay home with the baby and continue to look for a job. Sorry I know that may not be what you want to hear, but desperate times call for desperate measures. You could even see about getting a job at a daycare and then you would be able to have your baby with you.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Hello! I got introduced to Internet CEO Moms when I got laid off in April. I joined after some research at the beginning of April and they are totally legit. I LOVE working with all the moms out there and it's such a positive experience. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or you can send me an email at alyssamaliska@ymail.com if you would like to know more. We don't sell or have inventory so you would have to worry about that. Hope to hear from you soon!
    Alyssa M.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• read my blog for some ideas for both of you to talk about. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com There are many things you two can work out to start bringing some real money in. Let me know if you need any more ideas because I have a ton.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009