remedy for PUPPP

I'm looking for a remedy that works for the PUPPP rash. I've tried Sarna, A&D ointment and oatmeal baths. Any other recommendations would be very welcomed!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• There really isn't any cure or remedy for it. I've had it since 31 weeks, and it sucks. Stay away from the heat, wear loose clothing and avoid hot showers. I use an Aveeno lotion that has oatmeal for when it really starts to itch. Some corticosteroid creams you can get from the doc also work to temporarily relieve the itching. The only thing that will completely cure it though is to have the baby :) You have my deepest sympathies.. I definitely know how you feel!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Check out this site:

http://www.tcinternet.net/users/kritzerburke/naomi/PUPPP.htm

I found Sarna lotion and band-aid anti-itch gel to help the most. I was so miserable I ended up taking a steriod pack and it helped quite a bit, although it didn't go away 100% until my dd was born. At least the steriod pack made it so I could sleep at night. :)
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• What is PUPPP?
    BrittneyO

Answer by BrittneyO at 2:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks Emuu & kelbel! That helped. I take some of that advice!!

Brittney - PUPPP is the pregnancy rash that, apparently, has no cure.
    DinoMom96

Answer by DinoMom96 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Were you able to find something which helped? I am currently 31 weeks and have had this for 3 long miserable weeks already. The idea of 8 more weeks of this kills me. One thing that has helped me is Sarna, however its only a short term solution. Also, Calamine lotion worked great though you have to wash it off frequently because it dries out your skin after a few hours and makes you itchier! I also did some reading on Dandelion root supposedly being a miracle. I may try it after tlaking to my doctor tomorrow. Let me know if you had any solution!!
    damnthedaisies1

Answer by damnthedaisies1 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009